Gary & Lynda’s Step of Faith & Requests for Prayer
I want to be used by God to impact eternity to the greatest extent that He will allow.
I have felt a call to full-time ministry since shortly after I placed my trust in Christ at the age of nine. My college degree was aimed at that goal. I have come to understand that secular work IS full-time service and have considered jobs as assignments from God, although He’s had to remind me of that occasionally. Over the last several years, however, I have felt a renewed call to vocational ministry. This call has been persistent and reinforced nearly every week from scripture, the pulpit, books, and articles.
Such a call would not be of God without the support of my wife. While it took me longer than it should to tell Lynda about this renewed call, her response was full agreement and support. There was no hesitation. She felt that she was a necessary part of whatever God wanted me to do, except that she didn’t feel the same call to leave Boeing right now. She felt it would be best for her to remain at Boeing for a while so that we would have insurance.
An Initial Plan
– Take retirement from Boeing at the end March 2006.
– Ministry, not income will be my primary focus.
– I will wait on the Lord, while waiting I will work at the following:
– Spend regular half to full days in prayer
– Study God’s Word
– Concentrate on Bethany’s web site
– Conduct training sessions for the team members
– Clean up and catch up
– Expand the vision
– Conduct a study of potential outreach opportunities and responsibilities
– Be available to assist missions & evangelical churches in multimedia needs
– Conduct a home Bible study
– Be available with Lynda for marriage mentoring
– Self study multimedia software tools
– Potential Income
– Celebration Videos
– Home VHS to DVD transfers
– Using the Internet
– Using Your Digital Camera
– What’s a pixel? – Scanning, printing, capturing, etc.
– Picture cleanup (Photoshop Elements, Picassa, etc)
– Substitute at BCA (possibly)
The need for prayer support
Since this is a step of faith in obedience to a call from God, it must be His work. I cannot go off on my own to do my own thing. Instead of using â€œIâ€, I should be using “we”, because this step is not being taken alone. Lynda is taking as big a step of faith as I am. So WE are in continued need of prayer for at least the following:
– Use of time efficiently, no procrastination,
– That we would do the right things at the right time and in the right order
– Eternal impact
– Testimony of God’s provision
– Protection from Satan
Ps. 32:10b “The LORD’s faithfulness overwhelms the one who trusts him.” NET
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”
Philippians 4:19 “And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
“Lord bless me, expand my borders, keep your hand on me and keep me from evil” Jabez I Chronicles 4:9-10
Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.
“Lord, Make my life a miracle!” Ray Ortlund
“I want to die climbing” quoted by Donald Shoff
“I want to be used by God. And I don’t want to be used in a little way. I want to be used in a great way!” Bruce Wilkinson
“He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.” Jim Elliot
“Life shouldn’t be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadsided, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly shouting “Wow! What a ride! Thank you Lord!!!””